Saturday, June 4, 2016

I Repaired My Headphones (and this shouldn't be a big deal)

Hardware manufacturers are missing out on a huge potential source of revenue: the thrifty tech user market. My current headphones cost about $25. They’re not expensive and they’re not fancy, but they’re repairable. I bought them for that, in a sort of shallow sense: they’re advertised as having a 3.5mm accepting jack on the left ear, which means that the cable can be replaced.

I just fixed them very easily (the drivers had popped out of their sockets), and it left me wondering: why don't we have more easily repairable electronics? Even expensive kit is hard to repair these days. I'd be more than willing to pay a big premium if I knew that what I was buying was designed to be serviceable.

I made a longer post about it here, but the point of this post is discussion.



Submitted June 04, 2016 at 09:18PM by SilverWingedSeraph http://ift.tt/1XYT1Wi via TikTokTikk

No comments:

Post a Comment