Saturday, July 29, 2017

Virtual Reality

So, I've seen lots of things about virtual Reality, and it's a field I'm interested in going into. I've seen people take these "sphere recordings" and pictures, where you can see everything, depending on where you turn your head. The most obvious one is Google cardboard. However, after messing with it, I realized it's actually quite garbage compared to what some people do. It's a flat panorama that moves when you turn your head. That's the extent of it. The next step up from that I've found, is locking the focus on my camera, taking a ton of pictures, and stitching them together using PTGui (if there is a better/more streamlined and developed software, PLEASE let me know). After stitching them, I used a website called sphcst to view them. However, this website lowered the quality significantly. What I want to know, is how do people take the 360 video? I saw sphericam, but it looks like it's still in its Kickstarter phase. How can I view the 360 things I take? Is there software for it? Do I need an oculus or VIVE? Thanks in advance!



Submitted July 30, 2017 at 01:44AM by Elarionus http://ift.tt/2uMSfm6 via TikTokTikk

No comments:

Post a Comment