Saturday, June 8, 2019

Bluetooth 5.0 vs aptX for Phone + Laptop usage

I'm looking to buy my first pair of wireless earphones, to go along my POCOPHONE F1 and Lenovo Y530 Laptop. I've stopped on Anker Soundcore Spirit and Spirit Pro. The Spirit has BT 5.0 while the Spirit Pro has aptX.

My main concern is latency. I want't to use them both with my laptop AND phone to watch videos, movies, some games, conference calls, music in that order. Which means bad latency would be detrimental.

aptX claims to have superior sound quality and better latency due to efficient coding. But it won't be utilized on the laptop.

BT 5.0 claims better speeds and throughput and a bunch of other stuff but it's not clear how it affects latency.

I'm really torn on this. I have no real experience. Has anybody used them with a laptop? Sound quality will be a 100% improvement over the 6yo Sony earphones that came with my Xperia SP.

Those two models are pushing the ceiling of my budget but I'm willing to pay for them.



Submitted June 09, 2019 at 12:41AM by H_Q_ http://bit.ly/2MDRvMG via TikTokTikk

No comments:

Post a Comment