Monday, May 25, 2020

OLD PC VS NEW PC

2006 Dell Dimension

I have a 2006 dell dimension. Pentium D 3 gb ram. Not sure of the graphics card if any? And about 120gb hard drive. I used it for a solid 4 years, then the other 10 years was super light use (web surfing YouTube Microsoft word) couple times a week. I was using my laptop more that’s why.

So if that dell lasted me about 14 years, the last few years it’s been going hella slow where I can barely check emails at a decent speed before it starts overheating and the fan starts blowing fast. I’m thinking about getting a Dell XPS i7 16gb ram gtx1660 s graphics card with 256gb ssd. How long would this new computer last me? Would it last longer than my original since this technology is a lot better and faster? And nowadays the speed upgrades are much less compared to back in the day when computers were new and speeds were Changing big time each year ? I’m just debating on if I should get a high end computer and spend a grand or go middle with an i5 and 12gb ram and intel graphics card and spend 500 bucks? And change it out every few years?

I plan on to use web emails word YouTube. And mostly adobe for photoshop and some video editing couple time a year. Will the speed stay fast for a good 10 years or will it start to detoriate and slow down? I figure since this technology is better than 10 years ago it’ll slow down a lot slower and last longer?



Submitted May 26, 2020 at 05:16AM by HopefulInformation https://ift.tt/36vUYmO via TikTokTikk

No comments:

Post a Comment