Thursday, March 11, 2021

Adding 5G to a Phone

Hi folks.

I had some interesting thoughts and need to hear from some people. I work in the Phone repair industry.

My question is specifically directed at the Samsung Galaxy Note 10/10+. Can you add 5G to the device?

Hear me out. So devices that are 5G capable especially Samsung devices has a component know as a MM wave antenna. The LCD or front cover has a dedicated slot for this antenna. On non 5G models this component is missing. That's the only difference between the models. As far as I can tell.

If there is no software restrictions, what could stop the device from receiving 5G signals if this antenna was installed... The software and other parts used are universal between 5G and non-5G devices. I am deciding to try it myself but just getting some background.



Submitted March 11, 2021 at 03:03PM by HysteriaComes https://ift.tt/3erKR8D via TikTokTikk

No comments:

Post a Comment