Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Can someone who knows something about this answer this for me? Tap to pay.

So credit/debit cards have the feature to "Tap to Pay" right. So back when I had my other wallet I would notice something that kind of worried me. When I would have it in my front pocket or on my lap and I would place my phone near it and it would make an error message pop up on my phone that says "No app supported for this NPC tag". Im assuming that my cards are trying to communicate to my phone something that the phone is not understanding which is just like "Ehh who cares" but the thing about it that worries me is that since it can detect the "TAP" feature couldnt someone have potentially made an app that could identify this and say take a charge from the card? So someone could walk around with theyre phone in theyre pocket just bumping into people hoping that it would by chance catch a signal from someones card and take whatever amount the person set to charge?

Is this something that could possibly be out theyre right now?



Submitted March 11, 2021 at 12:27AM by Cxrletto https://ift.tt/3l4jliB via TikTokTikk

No comments:

Post a Comment