Thursday, March 18, 2021

Do you think Apple is a hindrance in technological development now?

Hi, this is my first post in this sub.

As the title suggests, do you guys think Apple is now a hindrance is technological developments, especially in smartphones. Android companies don't want to make affordable products anymore. Their main motto now is how they can charge as much as possible for every little feature. I, myself, own an iPhone 11 Pro Max and it works flawless, but it feels no different from iPhone X. Even the speed between iPhone 7 and 11 Pro Max is very little. Moreover, compared to the excitement of the new phone every year, that I had previously, specifically in the era of Steve Jobs, modern iPhone's feels just..... Lame and boring?.

And I'm not an Android fanboy by any means. Nor I want to convince others to switch to it. I was just wondering how much Apple is holding the industry back. Earlier, we use to such exciting phone companies experimenting with their products like Samsung S4 zoom with digital camera slammed with Galaxy S4, various audio mods support by LG phones, phones with in built power banks, etc. More importantly, every handset has it's own charisma and charm.

Modern smartphones feels so boring and lack any kind of personality and confidence. I even remember the day I got iPhone 4 on my birthday. It felt like I was given an alien technology. It was so beautiful, sophisticated and simple at the same time. And I still love that design to this day.

Fast forward to current times, now all we see are phones with better processors, RAM, screen size, etc. You don't even feel the difference between old and new device anymore. Most importantly, all other companies just follow Apple blindly and shamelessly, like removing headphone jack, chargers, and who knows, maybe no box next year. Earlier, Android had a message that the good products can be bought cheaply and you don't have to be rich to afford phones. Same applies to Windows.

Moreover, do you think PC market would ever be that popular and evolved, if Apple had complete monopoly over desktop markets. I'm sure, We would still be paying premium price for the a subpar 2010 technology in 2020. Sure, Apple's contribution can't be denied in development of technology in earlier periods, like iPods, iPads, Macs and most importantly iPhone. But Apple now it's just a mere shadow of it's former past. It just hurts to see such tech leader trapped in its own pit. I haven't seen any genuine innovation from Apple after 2013.

It's just my opinion. What's your opinion on this topic? Am I biased, or blinded by nostalgia? Or the market is too saturated now? Looking for a healthy discussion.

Edit: Grammatical error.



Submitted March 18, 2021 at 04:04PM by Background_Charge_99 https://ift.tt/2Qhrp4q via TikTokTikk

No comments:

Post a Comment