Thursday, November 17, 2016

Small win for auto renewal airplane wifi charges

Leo: Welcome to customer service. My name is Leo .

Leo: Hello David

David: Hey there, I had no idea that I was getting billed monthly, and thought I just had internet for the one flight I was on

Leo: I can help you with that. So I can verify the account may I have the last four digits of the credit card the subscription is billed to?

David: I just saw it on my billing statement I've got here for 10/12, then logged in and saw there was another one the other day

David: Sure, it's xxxx

Leo: Thank you. It looks like you purchased the Unlimited Plan.Your subscription is set to automatically renew each month. I'll submit a cancellation at the end of the current billing cycle at so your plan does not renew. Would you like me to email you confirmation?

David: I cancelled it already

David: But the issue is that last month I went to try to find the invoice in my email, but I wasn't emailed anything

Leo: I see the cancellation went through

David: nor for these last two and I didn't fly any where or login so can I have a refund on the last two charges?

Leo: Although Gogo's products are non-refundable, I can get you some credit towards future Gogo sessions. Is there an email address you would like me to send that to?

David: I would believe it would be in your terms & service that an email notification on billing would be necessary, is there a reason I never received email notification?

Leo: The subscription has automatic renewal, that is why you were not notified

David: And I believe the FTC automatic renewal laws state that a notification needs to be made prior to charge

Leo: We appreciate your feedback, David

Leo: Please hold

David: sure

Leo: A refund of $90.90 has been processed, reference number: XXXXX

David: Thank you, I appreciate it

Leo: You are more than welcome, David



Submitted November 18, 2016 at 07:04AM by ddddavidddd http://ift.tt/2g24ZAq via TikTokTikk

No comments:

Post a Comment