Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Employer wants me to use ethernet instead of wifi, but I live on a boat.

Hi everyone! I work remotely and am trying to sort out how to at least make it look like I'm not using WiFi while working.

We use a phone to provide wifi on the boat so no router or Ethernet is available. My wifi hasn't given me issues so I've been looking into using my phone for tethering.

So my question is, how will this look on an IT test? Can they tell that I'm still essentially using WiFi or does it look like I'm on Ethernet? I imagine a network test shows where my connection is coming from but mayhaps I'm wrong.

Any insight or suggestions are greatly appreciated!



Submitted January 23, 2019 at 05:08PM by smoothietown http://bit.ly/2R6U079 via TikTokTikk

No comments:

Post a Comment