Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Why would the numbers on the back of a work badge be useful to my supervisor?

Ok so I work for a company that has employees who work onsite for customers. Most of us employees end up with badges to get in and out of buildings. So my supervisor sends out an email with all employees copied stating that if we used badges to send him the numbers on the back. I played dumb and said I don’t think I have numbers. What is this for? He called me and said it’s to make sure we are in the building when we clock in. I didn’t ask him to elaborate because I didn’t want to seem suspicious.

So how can he use this information? Wouldn’t it be a nuisance to continuously call the customer asking if we punched our badge at the door? He couldn’t possibly use other companies information being outside of the company could he?

Also they do have tracking devices on our work phones but anytime I go somewhere or leave early I just turn airplane mode on so they can’t track me using GPS. I’ve also just sent myself the links to clock in on my personal phone so I can just start leaving my work phone on site. I added a VPN app for added protection in case they try to identify the IP address.



Submitted January 09, 2019 at 08:23AM by brutus_beefcake69 http://bit.ly/2RCamJn via TikTokTikk

No comments:

Post a Comment