Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Will the Sound BlasterX G6 work with the ps4 slim?

So I'm thinking about buying Sound BlasterX G6, but I'm not sure if it will work with my ps4 slim. Because the ps4 slim doesn't have an optical out port. Does the G6 require that or is it enough with just a usb port? Will it work, and if it does will the audio quality be any worse by just using the usb rather than using an optical out port?

What made me uncertain was the specs I found on this website: https://support.creative.com/kb/ShowArticle.aspx?sid=200065&c

If you scroll down to the system requirements for the ps4, it says: "Available Optical Out port (for Dolby Digital decoding) "

I have heard that you need to choose the Dolby variant in the ps4 audio settings to get the best experience from a soundcard, but without a optical out port that option is not available.

So basically, will the G6 work as well as it can by just using a usb port, or do I need an optical out port?



Submitted February 27, 2019 at 04:04PM by VintageNujabes https://ift.tt/2Nv3p8k via TikTokTikk

No comments:

Post a Comment