Monday, June 29, 2020

Using both mesh and an extender

Ive just installed tp link m4 mesh in my double story house. Each floor is only around 1090 square feet. Using mesh has proven the best solution as now i have great signal around the house.

However in one room on the second floor, im using a repeater, as my pc do not have a wifi connection. I had to use the extender for its lan port for my pc.

To anyone experienced or knowledgeable, this is my question: will the use of extender + mesh affects wifi speed from the mesh system?

I tried both scenarios, and testing speed with the repeater either turned on or off. The data i got was all over the place.

Or, do i need to reset my modem? Since ive linked it with the repeater? Ive heard using a repeater cuts my bandwith in half. Ty for reading



Submitted June 29, 2020 at 10:17PM by arilrifter https://ift.tt/2YJqXh9 via TikTokTikk

No comments:

Post a Comment