Friday, August 26, 2016

Any wifi / PRIVACY experts here?

Today I was at a client's house and needed to connect my iPhone to their wifi. First off, my client is a little odd, I don't trust him. He owns a company that installs wifi and Internet networks for large businesses including universities and large office blocks but basically he's a control freak about it. The wifi in his house is (for a not-so-techy guy like me) quite secure, ie. to access it I had to give him my MAC address and he had to register it online somewhere or something. Basically, I'm paranoid that when I'm using the wifi there he'll have some sort of access to my phone. Any kind of access - like I've heard of ways of monitoring people's screens through the wifi they're connected to. He has kids and he's very protective (which, okay, I understand and that's totally fair enough and somewhat admirable - God knows I looked up whatever the f I wanted when I was young and my parents knew nothing) they told me he sees everything they search and everyone they talk to. And yeah I'll be honest coz f it I'm on Reddit and nobody knows me - I have shit on my phone I don't want him knowing about. He'd probably no longer be my client. He has some block around his house and land so his kids can't get 3G either.

So basically, how do I know he's not monitoring the shit out of my phone?

Maybe I should stop smoking weed. 🤔



Submitted August 27, 2016 at 06:26AM by Jh2412 http://ift.tt/2bpv0rV via TikTokTikk

No comments:

Post a Comment