Monday, March 27, 2017

Would it be possible for a new Internet to form if they start from using existing phone/modem type connection to establish it?

I understand that ISPs (routing & complexity) means that a new network cannot just piggyback off of the electrical conductivity, but if there is a new Internet Protocol created that is designed to use existing phone connection & the appropriate hardware marketed (like modem) would an entirely new and separate internet network be possible?

I know, it sounds just like the current internet would just form then merge... but if a core group was able to control the early stages & still get popular usage from the public (and phone companies don't block them from using existing lines), would it be able to grow?

I'm only using the phone/modem situation b/c I can't think of any way it would be possible for an easy to access network to get established to fuel any popularity. I guess that launching satellites would be an alternative but that's costly for startup and consumer hardware.

If I'm asking this in the wrong way, please let me know how to better phrase the question.



Submitted March 27, 2017 at 06:47PM by quantim_mittens http://ift.tt/2nELZeK via TikTokTikk

No comments:

Post a Comment