Saturday, March 24, 2018

What did Cambridge Analytical do exactly? And why do people care about tech companies selling their data?

I told my girlfriend I was really pissed off at Facebook and Cambridge Analytical. When she asked me why I gave some half-assed answer about privacy and I realized I really didn't know what I was talking about.

I then asked a friend who works in Silicon Valley what he thinks. He told me "it's all blown out of proportion. Facebook, Google, Amazon -- they're all selling your data. If you're mad at Facebook, you should be mad at everyone."

So, Reddit, -- what exactly, in explicit terms, did Facebook do? What is data mining? Why do people care? And why is the census that Facebook dropped the ball with Cambridge Analytical?

Thanks!



Submitted March 25, 2018 at 05:02AM by MrWittySnark https://ift.tt/2ucDzQo via TikTokTikk

No comments:

Post a Comment