Friday, July 20, 2018

What’s the best way to monitor children on computer?

I have an early grade schooler who has internet based homework for math and English. I also want to let them read children ebooks and access paint programs. I have a computer on windows 10 which allows me to impose parental controls via Microsoft family. However, these are not very granular. I can’t specify to allow a game for up to half an hour a day (eg candy crush). I can only block it outright.

I’m thinking if my kids are always finding workarounds (discovering new games or downloading from AppStore. Recently I found they spent 40 mins on malwarebytes - ??), I’d rather install Ubuntu or Linux to let them crack stuff and learn. I did the same on DOS when I was a kid. Any thoughts on how to do this safely?



Submitted July 21, 2018 at 09:00AM by grunt_monkey_ https://ift.tt/2Nu35pd via TikTokTikk

No comments:

Post a Comment