Monday, May 15, 2017

Need alternative to hearing aid (at $8000!): can any recorder playback instantaneously?

I'm really deaf. I function in my work fine online, which is all via skype, as I can turn up the sound. But soon will have to attend conferences, where I now must hear in the 'meat world' too, and found it will cost $8,000 NZD for this 'most challenging' hearing situation; lots of voices, background noise.

If I buy a handheld recorder, and use ear buds with it, is there one that can playback instantly so the device can hear the person talking, and play it back into my earphones live so I can respond in real time?

These are people who know my job is writing up recordings of what they tell me, so I won't look as silly as you might imagine.

But I can not find such a product. Any suggestions?



Submitted May 16, 2017 at 08:40AM by shiftingbaseline http://ift.tt/2pP7nfz via TikTokTikk

No comments:

Post a Comment