Monday, March 5, 2018

True Wireless Earbuds for Work (reposted)

Not sure if I should have picked a more specific subreddit, sorry if so.

I’m looking for suggestions for a “true wireless” set of earbuds.

I am a carpenter/construction worker. Usually I work alone and listen to audiobooks or podcasts pretty much all day. At the moment I use LG Bluetooth headphones (can’t remember specific model but you wear them like a necklace and the short wired earbuds pop out of there. The problem I have with this is that depending on the day or the work, the necklace part gets tangled with my clothes, falls off or gets hit by things I’m carrying. I figure if I minimize the wires and extra pieces I may have less physical interference.

From what I’ve read, the main limiting factor is battery life. Some days I work up to 10 hours. Even though I may not listen to 10 hours of an audiobook, it can still reach upwards of 8 hours on and off.

One specific detail is, I usually only use one earbud to at least be somewhat aware of my surroundings (noise cancelling might be a bad thing cuz of this.) I’m willing to just carry the other ear in my pocket if they don’t work while separated but my first thought was just a single ear piece. I’m not sure of the sound quality of the “old” Bluetooth earpieces meant for taking hands free phone calls and only that. Can you even listen to music on those things?

If anyone has suggestions as to something I may be interested in or can explain why I’m looking for something that doesn’t exist, please let me know.

Thanks



Submitted March 06, 2018 at 04:27AM by mestfender http://ift.tt/2oSnc5U via TikTokTikk

No comments:

Post a Comment