Monday, February 3, 2020

The annoying un-mirroring for iPhone selfies | unnecessary issues

Got an iPhone for the first time last week( iPhone 7) and one of the first things I noticed is that when I take a picture of myself using the front facing camera in the stock camera app, the image is unflipped. I’ve gone through the camera app, photos app, settings and video tutorials, but there is no built in way to keep my selfies mirrored. On every android phone I’ve used, when you take a selfie photo, the image comes out like how you’d see yourself in a mirror. From a design point of view this makes complete sense. We’re so used to seeing our face in the POV of a mirror, and it looks weird to see it from other people’s POV (unflipped).

This brings me back to the iPhone now...why in the world isn’t the mirrored image the default??? I get that the purpose is to show me what I really look like. You don’t need to give me a long explanation on that part. But why would I even want that though? And I’m certain I’m not the only person who thinks this. Regardless of the fact it looks the same to other people, it’s just visually displeasing to see your own unflipped face like that. Especially when you’re setting up to take the photo one way, only for it to come out another way.

Why doesn’t Apple give us the option to have selfie photos stay mirrored when they are saved into the gallery? Would it even be that hard? Please don’t try giving solutions because I’m well aware of apps like Snapchat and Instagram that get around the problem, but that’s not the point I’m trying to make. My point is why would Apple design their phones like this I the first place. It’s just plain dumb when you consider user experience. Wanna show me the way others see me? Fine, but at least give me the built in option to see myself the way I’ve always seen myself.



Submitted February 03, 2020 at 08:10PM by 2cool4um8_ https://ift.tt/3b9yZnp via TikTokTikk

No comments:

Post a Comment