Thursday, June 18, 2020

Undervolted gpu/cpu. My laptop needs to run for a few minutes now before I can play demanding games. Does this mean I undervolted too much?

I had this laptop for a few years and while it never got so hot it would shut down when I discovered undervolting was a thing I decided it only made sense to do it. An easy and free way to lower temps and extend its life it sounded stupid not to do it.

Now if I turn my laptop on after being shut down or sleeping I need to let it run for a few minutes otherwise if I play an intensive game it crashes. After a few minutes of running I can play the game perfectly with no issues and amazing temps.

But even with that so is this a sign that I should let it use a little more volts? Or is it fine to leave it as is and just let it warm up before playing games?



Submitted June 19, 2020 at 04:14AM by DatFrostyBoy https://ift.tt/2YLzOh7 via TikTokTikk

No comments:

Post a Comment