Sunday, January 19, 2020

Is pirating worth it?

So today I thought my download was done because it said 100%, so I turn off my vpn and forget to delete the file from seeding. Anyways can your isp see stuff that is seeding and not downloading? I'm really thinking about quitting pirating because there's this saying out there you always get caught. And I'm afraid I'll get caught by turning off my vpn when the file is at 100% but still seeding. Or my vpn will get hacked in the middle of doing it. One time I had about 50 music files at 99%, they were still seeding but I thought they were done as every song worked. Anyways my dad gets 50 copyright notices from comcast. I didn't have my vpn on because I was torrenting a legal not copyrighted file from official raspberry pi website. I still wanna do it but I mean someone ik had to go to court and if he didn't, had to pay 5 THOUSAND DOLLARS. I think the movie might have been in theatres still but still it can't happen to a movie that is only on dvd? I support pirating and there's countries where you can do it and isp/government doesn't care but in the us they do. In my words it is worth a possible 5 thousand dollar fine. And I mean can't a government hack into a vpn to idk lets say try to catch a serious hacker, but when they hack into the vpn see someone else in the us pirating and let's say you do it a lot show up to your house?

I'm really not sure if I should pirate because somehow someway I think the government/isp will see what your doing or you'll make a stupid mistake like not turn on your vpn, or turn it off when a file is seeding. Someone ik who is a techy has been doing it for 3 years with a vpn that lives in my state AND has the same isp and never had any copyright notices. But won't he get caught eventually? I really need advice.

Edit: At least if I stop pirating my vpn is still worth it because I use it to bypass my dad possibly knowing I was up late. And I hope he doesn't see it, some parental controls give the parent notice that vpn is on and if I'm not mistaken doesn't a vpn only stop people from seeing what people do? Can't it tell the administrator or in this case a parent see that the mac address (my devices) is on the network, and see that my device is online just not what I'm viewing?



Submitted January 20, 2020 at 06:15AM by robschaefer89 https://ift.tt/38eUMIi via TikTokTikk

No comments:

Post a Comment