Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Transponder key no longer working

I have an '06 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The battery went out in my key fob so I opened it to change it. When I did, the metal clip holding the battery in came unsoldered. I changed the battery and put it back together, holding the battery in by the fob housing and went out to start my car. It acted like it was a key without the transponder chip in it by starting and then dying. I adjusted the battery inside the fob, checking that the unlock button worked and tried again. After three tries, turning the key now does nothing. Does the car lock you out of it thinks the transponder isn't there? And I was under the assumption that the transponder doesn't need power itself, it only needs to be in the vicinity of the ignition to work. Anyone have an idea?



Submitted January 16, 2020 at 06:44AM by history7s https://ift.tt/2QYZjsx via TikTokTikk

No comments:

Post a Comment