Sunday, July 5, 2020

Seeking advice for mesh network or signal booster

Hey everyone,

I have a question about getting my wifi in better shape.

I have spectrum. The modem they set me up with is the E31U2V1 modem and my router is the SAC2V1K router.

My house in roughly 3,000 sqft. and I have the modem and the router set up at the front of the house. Quite literally, it is jutted up against the wall by the front door.

In short, my internet speed is not great, and I'm getting really no wifi in a room at the backend of the house.

The tech who helped set my internet up told me that down the line, if I wanted to get better signal, I could look into "mesh networks" or "signal boosters" or "signal repeaters". Now I have looked online, and it seems that "google nest wifi" is a pretty good and well-liked solution.

My questions is this: Is google nest wifi something I should purchase, and if I do, would I want to get google nest router AND the point, and would I just replace my spectrum router altogether? Maybe there is an alternative that I could just link to my existing spectrum router. If you could, would you please let me know what you would do given the same setup as me.

If there's any more clarification needed, please ask. Thanks in advance for the assistance.



Submitted July 06, 2020 at 02:12AM by Inner-Use https://ift.tt/31LFomB via TikTokTikk

No comments:

Post a Comment